The 2016 Olivet Middle School volleyball season is fast approaching, and here is everything student-athletes and parents need to know.
- Student-athletes must pass a physical examination on or after April 15, 2016 and submit the completed form (signed by a physician and parent/guardian) to either their coach or the athletic department prior to tryouts. Forms for athletic physicals can be obtained under “Eagles HQ” on the olivetathletics.com Web site or in the OHS main office.
- Student-athletes and their parents also must adhere to the Michigan Sports Concussion Law and submit a signed statement acknowledging receipt of general concussion information and protocol. This Concussion Acknowledgment Form can be obtained under “Eagles HQ” as well.
- There will be a Fall Sports Informational Meeting on Monday, August 8 at 7:00 PM for both parents and student-athletes. The meeting will start in the auditorium before breaking out into sport-specific meetings.
- The official tryouts for seventh and eighth grade volleyball will be held over a three-day period – August 23-25 – in the OMS gymnasium. Eighth graders will try out all three days from 3:30-5:30 PM, followed by seventh graders from 5:30-7:30 PM.
- Once the rosters are set, both teams also will practice on Tuesday, August 30 and Wednesday, August 31. The eighth graders will go from 4:00-5:30 PM in the OMS gym, followed by the seventh graders from 5:30-7:00 PM.
For more information, please contact seventh grade coach Heather Zaremba at email@example.com or eighth grade coach Sara Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also can call Olivet Community Schools’ athletic director Matt Seidl at 269-749-9631.